Temat: Alternative way to load executable files with a sio2pc ?

Hi, atari fans

I'm an "real" atari user. When i use binary files, i load it to my atari via sio2pc (with Ape Win), using the "cubEmenu" inin the D1: and an HD mirror in D2:

Because i have an unregistered version of ape, i use the cubemenu to load in sio3x mode (machinegun mode :cool:) from the pc-mirror.

But... i do several mods to my 65XE... i add it stereo and 256kb of ram.

And... the cubemenu  won't works now!

Then, my question ... exists an alternative way to load executable files with a sio2pc (and get the machinegun speed?) ?

Don't tell me to set pc-mirror to D1:, because it says "unregistered delay" when i load a file, and the file loads at standard speed.

Saludos.

Odp: Alternative way to load executable files with a sio2pc ?

1st solution - registered version
2nd - copy *.xex files onto *.atr file (even 16mb) and use Qmeg

serdecznie proszę o maile na lotharek@lotharek.pl z tematem ATARIAREA - inne formy komunikacji zawodzą...
"The worth of all people is dependent on how they spend their life making contributions" - Kano Jigoro
FKMC /Fan Klub Malej Czarnej/   @Grey

Ufff, i think i'm fried a chip or something but

wow, i made a discover !

The Atari 65XE "made ni china" (4464 ram, OS Rev.C, like your  800XE), is NOT COMPATIBLE with the Ape Warp Speed !!

If someone can confirm this, plz post.

Thanks y saludos ;)

Hardly possible. The differences between XL/XE OS revisions are minor.

KMK
? HEX$(6670358)

But i test this is several 65XE machines "made in china", and did not boot with ape warp speed, they hangs up.

But if in ape for windows i set the speed to 2x instead 3x, this boots normally.

Search for "R5" executable loader, somewhere on this site, or contact me directly via e-mail.

pomidor

zybex napisał/a:

But i test this is several 65XE machines "made in china", and did not boot with ape warp speed, they hangs up.

But if in ape for windows i set the speed to 2x instead 3x, this boots normally.

Maybe these computers have some hardware problem. You can use SysInfo (http://drac030.krap.pl/si209.arc) to find out what the OS rev. number is.

KMK
? HEX$(6670358)

Yeah, this computers has some bugs, can you test some 800XE's with ape Sio3x speed?

I replace the buggy OS with an 800XL OS and i can't get the APE Warp Speed (sio3x)!

zybex napisał/a:

I replace the buggy OS with an 800XL OS

I told you that the OS is not "buggy". Well, not more or less than the 800XL OS.

There are no differences in the actual code (except one place and this is a minor difference). The most changed part is SELFTEST, which doesn't affect normal system operation.

Ostatnio edytowany przez drac030 (2005-12-05 15:17:55)

KMK
? HEX$(6670358)