Temat: MPT & Sound fx

just wondering... as i have found all 3 channel MPTs (they were lying on a external harddisc!!! thank god...) and fox' music player is working in boinxx without any error i was wondering how is it now possible to trigger sounds of the game? i mean channel 4 is free of use...

can MPT be triggered to play MPT sounds? or do i have to code each sound separatly???

maybe some of you game coders can help me...

cheers, heaven

Odp: MPT & Sound fx

Of course it's possible - there's special MPT player which allows you to play msx on 3 channels and one is left for sfx. This trick is used for example in Magic of Words game:

http://atari.online.pl/v01/index.phtml? … c_Of_Words

I Ty zostaniesz big endianem...

This player is not "special" but normal. The "special" player (fast version) just lack the capacity of triggering sounds :)

Aby odpackować teksty trzeba najpierw odpackować  program do ich odpackowywania - Energy #1

This trick is used for example in Magic of Words game:

And in upcoming Galaxia ;)

Czy możecie wyjaśnić, Stirlitz, dlaczego wasz służbowy adres stirlitz@rsha.gov.de ma aliasa justas@gru.su?
Nie czytam PM. Proszę używać e-mail.

aarg... jaskier... ;) now i have implemented the fast player... which player can trigger sounds on your website??? and still question HOW can i trigger sounds???

[ Dodano: Wto Sty 25, 2005 0:00 ]
miker... great msx in the game you have mentioned...

Fast player is for normal usage, so it only can play one tune. It lacks the options the normal person doesn't use. It looks like you are not normal :D
You have the 2 solutions:
-analyze pla24s by yourself to find how to use it
-wait till I find the time to do it

P.S. Definitelly my page requires rework. New better layout and some more info would be appreciated. Also the .xex versions of old work and zips with the selfbuilding sources.

Aby odpackować teksty trzeba najpierw odpackować  program do ich odpackowywania - Energy #1

maybe dely and miker can help me out...
(hey... i am marketing manager... ;) i am searching for the optimum way... so why should i spend hours reading polish source code when someone else might getting the answer faster... ;) ;))

You are marketing manager???
Hm... it reminds me an acient joke about hunting elephants in Africa. The economist as I remember doesn't hunts elephants, but can give you a discount price for an elephant somebody else will hunt :D

O.K. I made a quick research and I've found that none of my MPT players have implemented triggering sound. CMC has, TMP has, MPT doesn't. Of course it is simple task to add this. But I'm a math professor type. I can prove that the hunting of elephants is possible and let the hunt as a exercise for my students.

P.S. If you really need that modified player I can prepare a special version of pla24d in a week or two.

jaskier.... :D you are brilliant... the elephant stuff is 100% true... hahahaha... ;) yup... i would need a player for triggering but maybe miker or dely can help out with a player source in xasm format? i mean why invent the wheel twice? :D